About Hillsboro Beach
Incorporated in 1939, Hillsboro Beach’s upscale real estate is known for the natural beauty of its unspoiled landscape, pristine beaches and seashore parklands. With easy access to some of the region’s best beaches, natural preserves and golf courses, this upscale community is a much sought-after address. This small, well established city is an ideal area for those looking for high end oceanfront estates and condominiums. Between the majestic ocean views, coastal breezes, and oceanfront residences- Hillsboro Beach boasts picturesque panoramas.
Named after the Earl of Hillsborough, the town of Hillsboro Beach is a small affluent community that is situated on a small peninsula north of Pompano Beach. With a population of over 2,000 residents, Hillsboro Beach extends 3.2 mile strip along State Road A1A ideally positioned between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, including the exclusive stretch known as “Hillsboro Mile,” or “Millionaire’s Mile,” (shown above) lined with majestic estates spanning from the Atlantic Ocean to the Intracoastal. Hillsboro Beach is a vibrant, wealthy hamlet that offers some of the newest and most desirable oceanfront condominiums and private oceanfront estates in South Florida.
This city complements its natural setting by being nestled amid a myriad of urban amenities. From world-class golfing, yachting, to lavish dining and high end shopping — Hillsboro Beach real estate is only minutes away from sophisticated attractions. Enjoy sunbathing on pristine beaches, while also indulging in the close proximity to finest boutiques and gourmet restaurants in nearby Boca Raton or in Delray Beach. Home to the prestigious and the affluent, Hillsboro Beach can truly transform your quality of life.
- The Hillsboro Lighthouse completed in 1907, marks the northern end of the Florida Reef and is the most powerful light on the east coast of the United States.
- The town of Hillsboro Beach is situated on a small peninsula north of Pompano Beach
- The town’s name is derived from the Earl of Hillsborough, who received grants of land from the English Crown.
Local Government Websites:
Local Annual Events:
Local Major League Pro Sports Teams:
- Miami Dolphins: National Football League
- Miami Heat: National Basketball Association
- Florida Marlins: Major League Baseball
- Florida Panthers: National Hockey League
Population in July 2009: 2,272. Population change since 2000: +5.0%
|Median resident age:||65.4 years|
|Florida median age:||38.7 years|
Zip Code: 33062
County: Broward County
Estimated median household income in 2009: $61,463 (it was $52,159 in 2000)
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $69,895
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $367,923 (it was $155,900 in 2000)
Hospitals/medical centers near Hillsboro Beach:
- North Broward Medical Center (about 3 miles; Pompano Beach, Fl)
- Boca Raton Community Hospital (about 4 miles; Boca Raton, Fl)
- North Ridge Medical Center (about 9 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hillsboro Beach:
- Keiser College (about 10 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, Fl)
- Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale (about 14 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
- Florida Atlantic University (about 7 miles; Boca Raton, Fl)
- Broward Community College (about 16 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
- Nova Southeastern University (about 18 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
- Palm Beach State College (about 23 miles; Lake Worth, Fl)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University (about 26 miles; West Palm Beach, Fl)
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Hillsboro-Beach-Florida.html#ixzz1I0IZ1xqc