Unlike many of the larger coastal towns located in Florida, Lighthouse Point is a small exclusive community that cherishes the quiet solitude, relaxed ambiance along the Atlantic Intracoastal.
With a population of just over 10,000 residents, Lighthouse Point is located on 2.4 square miles on the north side of Hillsboro Inlet, midway between Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton.
Named after the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse, this hidden gem wishes to preserve its small town, low-key profile. Lighthouse Point is a city of informal affluence that offers a community oriented quality of life.
With Intracoastal estates and miles of deepwater canals offering protected boat dockage with easy access to the Hillsboro Inlet, if you are looking for an idyllic island-like hamlet, Lighthouse Point offers the paradise lifestyle you are searching for.
Easy access to the blue Atlantic waters, excellent sport fishing and boating are Lighthouse Point?s best kept secrets. Unlike many coastal towns, Lighthouse Point has remained a small town through its self proclaimed solitude and seclusion. With over 20 acres of parks, 13 miles of beautiful sidewalks and bike paths, this small town offers a leisurely lifestyle to its inhabits.
The city is largely a family oriented residential area that has amenities of all kinds: the Lighthouse Point Tennis Center, Lighthouse Point Yacht and Racquet Club, Dan Witt Park, and additional natural environment parks. Furthermore, various family friendly activities and programs are regularly organized in the city by its very own residents, such as the annual Halloween Party, Keepe’s Day, Lighthouse A?Glow, Nautical Flea Market and the Lighthouse Point Spring Egg Hunt.
While Lighthouse Point?s secluded paradise boasts peace and tranquility-it is also close to a number of attractions. Centrally located between Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton, this serenely secluded area enjoys close proximity to all the modern metropolitan luxuries the region has to offer.
Lighthouse Point is the perfect choice for those seeking an exceptional quality of life in a charming, family friendly and beautiful city.
- Named for the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse, located on the north side of Hillsboro Inlet, midway between Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton.
- Hillsboro Lighthouse marks the northern limit of the Florida Reef an underwater coral formation on the lower east coast of the state
- Over 20 acres of parks
- Over 13 miles of sidewalks and bike path
- Incorporated in 1956, 80% of its residences are single family homes on many of the 18 miles of waterway with most of the homes falling into the upper medium and top price range
Local Government Websites:
- The City of Lighthouse Point
- Lighthouse Point Library
- Broward County Public Schools
- Lighthouse Point Chamber of Commerce
Local Annual Events:
- Halloween Party
- Lighthouse A?Glow- A Holiday Gathering
- Nautical Flea Market
- Spring Egg Hunt
- Founde’s Day
Local Major League Pro Sports Teams:
- Miami Dolphins: National Football League
- Miami Heat: National Basketball Association
- Florida Marlins: Major League Baseball
- Florida Panthers: National Hockey League
Population in July 2009: 11,201. Population change since 2000: +4.0%
|Median resident age:||46.9 years|
|Florida median age:||38.7 years|
Estimated median household income in 2009: $63,234 (it was $53,038 in 2000)
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $48,721
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $388,480 (it was $192,500 in 2000)
Zip Code: 33064
County: Broward County
Hospitals/medical centers near Lighthouse Point:
- North Broward Medical Center
- Boca Raton Community Hospital
- North Ridge Medical Center
Colleges/universities nearest to Lighthouse Point:
- Florida Atlantic University (about 8 miles; Boca Raton, Fl)
- Keiser College (about 9 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
- Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale (about 13 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
- Broward Community College (about 14 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
- Nova Southeastern University (about 17 miles; Fort Lauderdale, Fl)
- Palm Beach State College (about 24 miles; Lake Worth, Fl)
- Barry University (about 27 miles;Miami, Fl)
|Bright Horizons School||3901 Ne 1st Ter||754-321-6400||Public School|
|Cresthaven Elementary School||801 Ne 25th St||754-322-6000||Public School|
|Crystal Lake Community Middle School||3551 Ne 3rd Ave||754-322-3100||Public School|
|Eagles Nest Elementary School||1840 Ne 41 St||954-942-3188||Public School|
|Florida Coll Of Nat Health||2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100||954-975-6400||Junior College|
|Highlands Christian Academy||501 Ne 48th St||954-421-1747||Private School|
|Norcrest Elementary School||3951 Ne 16th Ave||754-322-7250||Public School|
|Palmview Elementary School||2601 Ne 1st Ave||754-322-7600||Public School|
|Paragon Elementary School||3311 N Andrews Ave||954-943-0471||Public School|
|Park Ridge Elementary School||5200 Ne 9th Ave||754-322-7700||Public School|
|Pompano Charter Middle School||3311 N Andrews Ave||954-943-0471||Public School|
|St Elizabeth School||901 Ne 33rd St||954-942-2161||Catholic School|
|Tedder Elementary School||4157 Ne 1st Ter||754-322-8650||Public School|